LELWD To Begin Water Main Flushing On September 20th.
LELWD is asking water consumers to prepare for the possibility of periods of temporarily discolored water during the flushing process.
Flushing improves water quality by reducing the buildup of sediments.
See the full details in the press release below.
The following streets will be flushed first and will be impacted the most for the first two weeks of the program, starting Sept. 20th:
- Harvard Road
- Sanderson Road
- Oak Hill Road
- Whitcomb Ave
- Taylor Street
- Porter Road
- Foster Street between Taylor and Harwood
- Harwood Ave between Foster and King
- Side streets off of the main roads listed above
Steps You Can Take:
- Run a cold tap for 10 minutes until water clears. If sediment remains, wait 1-2 hours & repeat.
- Set aside clear water for use during periods of discolored water.
- Check this page for the updated list of neighborhoods scheduled for flushing.
- Avoid using hot water heater, dishwasher & similar appliances when water is discolored.
- Sign up for text or voice alerts from LELWD.