Large Commercial and Industrial Service
Download PDF of Electric Rate Schedule 40
Designation: MDPU 440
Superseding: MDPU 340
In the Towns of Littleton and Boxborough, any commercial or industrial use with a maximum demand greater than 200 kVA, or new customer requiring 600 kVA or more of transformer capacity.
Character of Service:
208/120 OR 480/277 volt, 4 wire, three phase, 60 Hz, a.c.
Nominal 25,000 volts, three phase, 4 wire
- Customer charge: $ 75.00 per month
- Distribution Energy charge:$ 0.0055 per kWh. This Charge is also applied to the kWh output of customer-owned interconnected generation
- Distribution Adjustment Factor: As set forth in the currently filed Schedule DAF.
- Distribution Demand Charge: All billable or metered kVA demand units at $ 9.29 per demand unit, defined as the maximum 60 minute metered kVA demand units in current month. This Charge is also applied to the kVA output of customer owned interconnected generation.
- Purchased Power Charge: For all kWh’s, a charge per kWh to recover the cost of purchased power and transmission in accordance with currently filed Purchased Power Charge (PPC). On-peak hours: 7:00 am – 11:00 pm, Monday – Friday. Off-peak hours: all hours that are not on-peak hours.
- ECS charge: State regulations mandate that a fee be collected from all customers to cover the cost of the Energy Conservation Service. See Rate Schedule: Energy Conservation Service.
- Minimum charge: The Customer Charge plus the ECS charge.
High-Voltage Primary Metering Adjustment:
Where delivery service is metered at the Department’s supply line voltage, in no case less than 2,400 volts, thereby saving the Department transformer losses, a discount of 1.0% will be allowed from the amount determined under the preceding provisions other than the Customer Charge.
Payment shall be upon receipt of invoice. A periodic interest charge of 1.5%, annual interest rate 18%, will be added to any unpaid previous balance on the bill.
The Department will supply service to one mutually satisfactory location per contiguous customer site. Suitable primary and time of use metering locations must be provided. All metering will be supplied by the Department. The Department’s ownership and maintenance responsibility will end at the secondary bushing of the transformer.
A contract for service detailing additional special terms or conditions will be required.
Minimum term of service shall be two years automatically renewed for one-year periods.
Minimum charges shall apply for 15 months from date of written notice by customer to discontinue service.
See applicable portions of the department’s General Terms and Conditions.
Effective: September 1, 2018