Sewer Public Forum on zoom
Join us on December 15th, 2020 at 7:00 PM Eastern in the Sewer Public Forum.
Please register for the webinar by following the link below.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Questions and answers from the October 14th, 2020 Public Forum regarding the Sewer Discharge Site is available.
Sewer Needs Assessment
LELWD has teamed with CDM Smith to conduct a Needs Assessment for the Town of Littleton as it relates to sewer. The Sewer Needs Assessment project is the next step to develop a plan for Littleton to preserve water and land resources, and to promote smart economic growth. The Needs Assessment covers our water quality and wastewater needs, collection and treatment system technologies, alternatives solutions for various areas of need, and the siting of wastewater treatment facility. Sections of the assessment will be posted below as they become available.
During the October 2019 Special Town Meeting, the residents of Littleton passed two significant articles relating the the development of the Sewer Project. Littleton residents were recently mailed a letter that informed them on the updates of the Sewer Project.
LWD hired an engineering firm to conduct a peer review of major sewer efforts completed prior to October 2019. Part of that review was a hydrogeologic evaluation of the Littleton High School to support the construction of a proposed groundwater discharge for LHS.
The Home Rule Petition authorized by May 6, 2019 Annual Town Meeting was amended to transfer the supervision and control of the sewer district from the Board of Selectmen to the Board of Water Commissioners.
Sewer Working Group
A Sewer Working Group has been created by LWD to review, evaluate and present sewer project information to the Board of Water Commissioners. Another goal of the group is to ensure full transparency throughout every stage of the project. The members are as followed:
- Bruce Trumbull, Board of Water Commissioners
- Dick Taylor, Board of Water Commissioners
- Paul Glavey, Select Board
- Chuck Decoste, Select Board
- George Sanders, Resident
- Anthony Ansaldi, Town Administrator
- Joe Laydon, Interim Town Administrator
- Chris Stoddard, Littleton Highway Director
- Nick Lawler, LELWD General Manager
- Dave Ketchen, LELWD Assistant General Manager
- Corey Godfrey, LELWD Water Quality Manager
- Paul Denaro, LELWD Production Supervisor
- Cheryl Herrick-Stella, Littleton Town Accountant
- Allen Mcrae, Finance Committee
- Betsy Bohling, Finance Committee